To fight your attic’s fiercest enemies, Heat and Moisture, you must ventilate year round. Ventilation is simply the process of supplying a continuous flow of air through the attic space. Proper ventilation is required to protect your home.
- Heat in unventilated attics may cause temperatures to exceed 170° F – causing damage to shingles and roof sheathing, possibly radiating to the living area, keeping your home 12-15° F hotter than it needs to be.
- Moisture, the #1 enemy, causes rot, mildew, mold, paint blisters, and renders insulation to be ineffective. Proper ventilation reduces energy bills, winter ice buildup, and eliminates mold and mildew, which can lead to major health problems.
- Ventilation protects homes from heat and moisture.
- All major shingle manufacturers void their warranties if their shingles are installed over improperly ventilated attics.
- Properly installed ventilation will extend the life of shingles, insulation, and other building components.
“We Can Fix That!”
“Proper Ventilation” consists of 50% Intake, under the eaves, and, 50% Exhaust near or at the roof peak, at least 3 feet higher than the intake system.
HEAT: We can keep it out of your home during the summer and in your home during the winter.
“Use the sun and reduce your impact on the environment by harnessing the abundance of solar energy!”
Powered by the sun, Lomanco’s Omni Solar Vent™ features:
- 40+ watt solar panel. *Largest standard solar panel of any solar attic vent.
- Heavy duty aluminum construction.
- Available in black, white, brown and weathered bronze.
- Low profile construction blends well with roof profile.
- Upward exhaust protects against roof discoloration.
- Solar panel remotely mounted for optimum energy collection.
- 15 foot power cord.
- Internal screen for insect protection.
- 10 year limited warranty, 5 year on solar panel and motor.